• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-17-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - enter the Wombat

PIC 1 - My 3 x panzers are sitting pretty but Combat Wombats 34/85 picks off my left-hand guy and there's not a thing his mates can do to help him because they can't see the T-34 to hit it back, due to my sloppy wide line-abreast formation..
(the blast also killed the middle pz commander)
[Image: WomA.jpg]

The T-34 wasn't even scratched..
[Image: WomB.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Jobu's T-34 hunts down a panzer

His 34/85 came down the brown arrow at left to peek around the building and let fly at my panzer which was looking the other way..
It tried to swing its turret but was too late..
[Image: JobuA-1.gif]

Noob note - see how the T-34 can fire its main gun at the panzer
while it's bow MG is engaging infantry at the same time.
This is normal and realistic with all tanks that have a bow MG.
[Image: Tracer.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Jobu88 - 12-17-2007

Also not shown in Spike's otherwise excellent graphic-- I obviously gave my T-34 a cover arc that put his turret facing to the left. I went one step further and gave him a target order on the Pz IV even though I couldn't see him from the starting position of my T-34. I have never been sure if that helps or not, but the game engine lets you do it, so I do it just in case it does improve the odds.

It seemed an eternity while he aimed and then fired, I was half expecting Spike's panzer to get a shot off and both of them would end up dead.

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-18-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Proniakin uncages his Kingtiger..

PIC 1 - That must not be allowed, so I hurl a T-34/85 neanderthal hunting pack at full speed to club it to death from the side..
[Image: PronA-1.gif]

PIC 2 - Ugh.. we no like you...beast must die before it can turn turret....ugh..
[Image: PronB-1.gif]

PIC 3 - Ugh....gods are angry and punish us with whooshing thunderbolt.....we afraid.....ugh-ugh-ugh..
[Image: PronC.png]

EDIT - next turn I lost the other two T-34's to whooshing thunderbolts from all directions, gulp...
That's 3 dead T-34/85s in exchange for one dead Ktig, dunno if that's a fair exchange or not..

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - RNL Tiger - 12-18-2007

What knocked out your T34? Panzerschreck or something else? It looks like something being shot by infantry in the house...

Yes mate, put together 'nasty whoosh' and 'little square yellow blast shield' and it adds up to one of these babies-

[Image: foxschreck.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Jobu's Russians take the town centre by storm..

With my panzer group at left background reduced to scrapyard wrecks after an earlier tank battle, the way is clear for the Red Army to sweep into the heart of town, flushing out the small German garrison..

[Image: Jobu-storm.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Risnervitch meets my infantry advance with a high-explosive welcome..

His two SU-76's catch the newly-arrived infantry before they can shake out into defensive posture..
[Image: RisAA.png]

RESULT JUST IN - Pos bt Seel

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed. (Example 4 out of 7 T-34s destroyed)
Seel invested heavily in heavy armour so I hurled my T-34's at them to overwhelm by sheer numbers and it worked although he killed over half of them in return..
[Image: SeelAA.png]

One of Seels Brummbars forced its way into the town centre and quickly turned the church and the Russians inside into a bonfire with its 150mm HE shells..
[Image: SeelB.png]

Seels pzfaust-firing infantry ambushed this T-34 at pointblank range..
[Image: SeelC.png]