• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-16-2007

RNL Tiger Wrote:It is not over yet - there is more than one strafing run... :)

Thanks for that joyous news mate, and I haven't got any flak..
Hey I wish troops in CM would open up with their rifles and MG's against enemy planes but they never do. Too high altitude no doubt..

BertBlitzkrieg (FGM) Wrote:Gulp..Didn't think Jagdpanzer IV70(V) would be killed so easy (appeearently) from the front by a T34/85...

Right mate, I tried to analyse the file but remember this is raw combat footage hot from the front line with extreme fog of war, so I can't be sure of anything, you're seeing exactly what I'm seeing..
For example there are no less than 4 models of JpzIV, all have got
super-duper thick dark green upper front superstructure armour, but lighter shades of green lower down the hull.
I read the pair as 'PzIV/70(V)' but because of extreme f.o.w that doesn't mean they are and they might be a slightly less well-armoured model.
Incidentally they both came into view separately at one-turn intervals, that was their undoing because my T-34's were able to violently club them to death one at a time before they could shoot back..

Look at each of the 4 x JpzIV models armour colours -
[Image: late2ab.png]
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=41682&page=1

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bert Blitzkriegs lone Stug bloodies nose of my T-34 column..

Fighting like a fearless terrier, the Stug (inset) attacks into the teeth of my 3 x 34/85s, killing the point man after a brief exchange of fire. Infuriatingly, my number 2 and 3 tanks can't quite get LOS on the Stug because of my sloppy keyholing, groan...a column has to be lined up inch-perfect to all have the same LOS..

[Image: bert1.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Figo's PzIV takes out my point T-34..

This town is a labyrinth of keyholes criss-crossing the map between buildings. Here my 34/85 column walks smack into the line-of-fire and my lead tank gets hit.
His two mates behind can't see the panzer to return fire because the keyhole is so narrow.. (Inset-the panzers view)

[Image: FigoA.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-17-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bert Blitzkrieg's panzer column shrugs off my T-34 interception..

PIC 1 - As BB's panzers drive on the town, my pair of 34/85s launch a strike into their soft flank but I lose both for no losses to the panzers. My boys fired twice, one missed and the other penetrated the middle panzer with no effect, they had their chance and blew it..
[Image: BBJ.gif]

PIC 2 - The middle panzer (below) calmly returned fire, nailing both T-34's one after the other..
[Image: BBK.gif]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Das Tiger's halftrack roams at will behind my lines..

This view is from my Russian end of the map, the tan line across the centre is the front line. His halftrack is operating in classic deep recon style in my half of the map, shooting up my REMF's while my tanks are engaged out of frame..

[Image: DT.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - DasTiger - 12-17-2007

Hey folks,

Let's play "Identify the armour vehicle"... This photo was taken in the Ukraine near Odessa. The tag under the SU said that it was a SU-122. So what do you think it is?......

Spike and I have the same opinion, but what do you think?

[Image: SU.jpg]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - DasTiger - 12-17-2007

Here's another picture of the SU that might help.[attachment=1405]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Skilgannon's panzer keyholes my T-34s..

PIC 1 -My tank column arrives at high speed in the heart of town carrying passengers, only to come under fire from a lone PzIV, it's first hit pings but the vibration through the hull jolts off the infantry.
[Image: SkilA.png]

PIC 2 - And in the subsequent exchange of fire the panzer and the leading T-34 are wrecked..
[Image: SkilB.jpg]