• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" (/showthread.php?tid=61737)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - junk2drive - 04-30-2012

You can be vegan while at the meat eater's house. But try taking a steak into the vegan's...

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - PawelM - 04-30-2012

(04-30-2012, 03:05 AM)junk2drive Wrote: You can be vegan while at the meat eater's house. But try taking a steak into the vegan's...

I said I would respect house rules , so understandably no meat allowed :)

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - junk2drive - 04-30-2012

The point is that some people are one way. You can try their way but they won't try yours.

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - Herr Straße Laufer - 04-30-2012

(04-30-2012, 03:47 AM)PawelM Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 03:05 AM)junk2drive Wrote: You can be vegan while at the meat eater's house. But try taking a steak into the vegan's...

Junk makes a great point.
For me, no meat, no eat.

I personally do not find the gamey to be my way. If Pawel wants to be strictly vegan than I will not be eating in Pawels house?

Yet, in real life I attended a wedding of two vegans. They had a vegan reception, with no alcohol! Double nasty! Yikes2
Even their own relatives complained! Helmet Rolleyes
I stopped and had a steak dinner on the way home! Thank you 3
The couple also divorced a couple years ago. She stayed vegan and he went vegetarian.

I'll stay historic simulation. Angel

Cheers4

HSL

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - Von Earlmann - 04-30-2012

(04-30-2012, 07:18 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 03:47 AM)PawelM Wrote:

Junk makes a great point.
For me, no meat, no eat.

I personally do not find the gamey to be my way. If Pawel wants to be strictly vegan than I will not be eating in Pawels house?

Yet, in real life I attended a wedding of two vegans.
WHY?
I stopped and had a steak dinner on the way home!
Hopefully you had a beer too :-)
I'll stay historic simulation.

HSL

I'm with you and I'm not politically correct either....I won't play the gamey way period....as to be being a vegan...I do believe that's why salad was invented.........it goes so well with a nice prime rib :-)

VE

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - Scud - 04-30-2012

I'm getting a metaphorical headache. :)

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - Kool Kat - 04-30-2012

(04-29-2012, 11:50 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: ..........maybe a discussion by both players before playing is a good idea after all :-)

VE

I believe this point was made in Post #4 of the thread? Idea2

Hopefully, vets will "school" newbies on their ROEs and alert newbies when they unknowingly wander into "gamey" territory?

Again, open communication, both prior and during a PBeM match, is essential to minimizing misunderstandings and making the game more enjoyable for all. :)

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - Otto von Blotto - 04-30-2012

I agree I think there is enough for the new players to try and pick up during the first few games that a gentle word during a match with a more experienced player steering in the right direction is better than a blanket rule set, I'm pretty easy going and will let most do what they want but will play my way unless asked not to.

this means no gamey use of halftracks and non combat units.
Trucks and anything else that has no weapons and can't defend itself can exit unless the scn says otherwise. EA or not I prefer not but am happy to play with same for VV. Other than that suit yourself.

I am a vegetarian have been for over 20 years if I eat in a meat eaters house or at a barbecue I will stay upwind of the smell of burning flesh and use different cutlery. LOL

PS good thread. Thumbs Up

BTW I meant no offense to vegans, vegetarians, carnivores, or cheat-eaters. Merely pointing out how analogies can be twisted around to suit a point of view. Don't trust 'em.

RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - PawelM - 04-30-2012

Quote:I personally do not find the gamey to be my way. If Pawel wants to be strictly vegan than I will not be eating in Pawels house

I am confused my self with those food comparisons. junk was very right with his poin t :)

I have been trying to say I do not have my set of rules therefore am not strictly either was - I am referring to unwritten rules.
I let my opponent name their ROE and I will play these rules. This in my view is quite opposite to the impression I could have created. I would say this makes my attitude towards rules anything but strict.

So if someone wants to play gamey I will. If someone has got restrictive rules for non combat units ( and also what unit are non combat ) I will play them. I am interested in fun and honest game purely.
My view is that CS would not be as realistic as I would wish for no matter what additional rules I could adapt (man I still love the game :) ). For that reason I have not developed any prefernce for specific ROE. And I will play any sensible rules proposed to me.

Again my personal choice .....

My point though ix to play the rules I need to be aware of them and I must say couple of rules I leraned about was through upseting a player...