• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
The Official World in Flames Tournament Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Tournaments Area (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: The Official World in Flames Tournament Thread (/showthread.php?tid=57207)

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - Crossroads - 06-03-2011

Gents,

Effective pretty much immediately,

Unfortunately my work / life balance is only getting worse, and I will need to drop out from CS community (among other hobbies) for at least a month or four.

I have one on-going game with Jim v.K. I will continue with that as it is a historical scenario I am especially interested of.

If and I am sure as we want to have this tournament continuing, and in the spirit of its rules of tournament being independent from any individuals, I would like to pass the torch to next light bearer.

It is not a lot of work, I have a single excel workbook where I have kept things logged.

It has been a lot of fun, it has been a good way to learn to know each of you a bit better, but at the moment this is causing me stress and I just can't have any more stress in my system.

Any volunteers?

Again, it is an easy job. I can post the excel to anyone interested, it should be clear once you have it to view the little extra work that is required.

For each year's scenarios, I have simply searched the scenario db with games played >20, enjoyment near or more than 8, and a balanced results. Not a lot of work.

In addition it is nice to have a liaison officer available from both teams to help in determining who's in and who's out for each turn.

Then, every now and then I print out a PDF to publish the score sheet in the thread.

Regards Petri

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - Oberst - 06-06-2011

I would like to report a Major Allied Victory over the Afrika Korps at Gabr Saleh.

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - Bioman - 06-11-2011

General Lee Ensayne and I have just completed our scenario of “Cracking the Gin Drinkers’ Line” with a Major Axis victory.

Nick Bioman

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - zap - 06-12-2011

Reporting Chuck10mtn and myself have completed our battle. 'Gaber Saleh'.
MV for the allies

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - Otto von Blotto - 06-18-2011

Reporting RS 1941 game "Agony on the argo" otto von blotto vs panzerjager Allied major victory.

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - Crossroads - 06-18-2011

Thanks guys. I will try to find time to throw in an updated situation sheet one of these days.

Still looking for a new tournament facilitator for Round B of 1941. I will not be able to continue.

Cheers Petri

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - von Manstein - 06-19-2011

Reporting Major Victory for Axis.

RS Cracking the Gin Drinkers' Line:
Von Manstein(Axis) - Wolfman(Allied)

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - Kampfpanzer - 06-23-2011

Gents,

Reporting a Major Victory for the glorious Axis forces in Arnold75 vs Kampfpanzer "Skirmish at Mechili".

Best of luck to all on your ongoing battles.

RE: ( !!! 1941 IS ON !!! ) The World in Flames Tournament - Ashcloud - 07-08-2011

Hi all,

I have updated the scoresheet.

Are there any games on at the moment that I have missed?

Please could the current liaison officers contact me so that we can get the next round going?

Regards,
Ashley

( 1941 Operation Barbarossa begins) The World in Flames Tournament - Ashcloud - 07-08-2011

Hi all,

I would like to get the next round of the tournament going. I have contacted the liaison officers and am waiting for their responses.

Kind regards,
Ashley