• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-13-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bertram's Stalin in feeding frenzy..

The awesome beast feeds on its natural prey -panzers- in the burning heart of Malitz..
[Image: BertJ.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-14-2008

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Mad Baron

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. Yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
We both ended up with a big flag each, I grabbed the middle one but I chickened out of going too much for the one on the airfield because there were panzers in the area, so I settled for scraping a minor win with my better AFV loss ratio..
[Image: MB-end.png]

Mad Baron dominated this sector across the river, here his 2 cars wonder where the Russians have gone..
[Image: MB-endB.png]

My SU-100 tried probing this minor flag but - in military parlance - 'could make no headway'..
[Image: MB-endC.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Mad Baron - 01-14-2008

Like I said earlier, I was proud to be in on the Malitz Trophy Competition! Poor Old Spike really took on a huge challenge and his screenshots here are priceless...great reporting and great graphics of the battle action!

I guess my tentative plan was always to go for the 2 large side flags, since I thought Malitz-central would be a meat-grinder, and only if I gained those 2 would I try to squeeze the center. I lost enough armor early that the airstrip flag became basically unobtainable (and I got lucky that it at least remained neutral at end!), and I finally got to just hoping for some late long-range tank kills in Malitz-proper from any of my remaining guys!.....

A well-deserved win for POS! One tough foe!!

cheers

I might also add, the great images of the black-cloaked challenger images is from The Seventh Seal, starring a young Max von Sydow, 1957. Great how POS worked these film images into the trophy contest!! :bow:

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-14-2008

[Image: seventh3.png]

DEATH - "I am Death, I have been walking by your side for a long time"

POS - "On yer bike mate"..

Here's how I felt as our game opened........

:eek1:

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-15-2008

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Airborne Bob

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. Yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
Bob only bought 5 x PzIVH's but they were all Cracks and only my superior tank numbers saved my bacon ..
[Image: ABendA.png]

The fighting at the bridge was especially ferocious, Bob wrecked these 4 x T-34's (over half my entire tank force) with just one ford-crossing panzer and a schreck..(see earlier screenshots in this thread)
[Image: ABendB.png]

This is the ford-crossing Crack panzer that killed 3 of the T-34's on the bridge, here it presses home a last-turn attack on the flag. It can't see my T-34 because of the building dust so it tries hurting it with area-fire..
Inset - but when the dust clears my T-34 finishes it with the final shot of the game..
[Image: ABendCa.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Raz Atoth launches airstrike..

Two rockets bracket my panzer column, i've got no flak either.. (no casualties, no damage, phew)
[Image: RazairA.png]

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Combat Wombat

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
Wombats 2 Stalins dominated across the river at top, then they rolled over the bridge into the heart of the town..
[Image: WomendA.png]

It cost me 4 panzers to finally stop the Stalins..
[Image: WomendS.gif]

Both sides wrecks litter a back street..
[Image: WomendC.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Dolphin shoots my T-34 in the back..

Fighter pilots have a saying - "It's the one you don't see that gets you", and that also applies here when a pack of Stugs sneak up on my T-34's and one of them lets fly with a keyhole shot..
[Image: DolA.png]

The Germans view. Inset-the victim..
[Image: DolB.png]