• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=68266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - DaveMic - 09-22-2015

(09-21-2015, 11:22 PM)ComradeP Wrote: The Free French cobbled together their uniform from whatever was at hand, regulations either not being very strict or simply ignored. It was usually a mix of US and British field dress with French uniform components added to it. Seemingly, there were units still using as much of their 1940 uniforms as they could in 1944, pride prevailing over practicality.

http://1940lafrancecontinue.org/FTL/images/uniformes/France/

Quite exact !

Just for information, the illustrations on this link are for a "what if : and if France had continued the war"

two books published to date. Just uniforms projects according to the authors ; ). Very funny especially firearms

like Garand M1F rifle, MAS 40 rifle, ARAL 41 submachine..?? ;)

Their paratrooper dress project is very average...;)

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 09-22-2015

Yes, the uniforms in the link are (largely) hypothetical, but I found it amusing how the authors thought French troops would look if the war had continued with France not occupied, or from the colonies. In some cases, it wouldn't have been far from the real situation in 1944, with the exception of somehow not being able to find a replacement for their old helmets :)

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 09-26-2015

And again is friday... one week more to forget but a week less to have PzB2 Big Grin 

Any news??? you have enough coffe supplies??? Spit
You need more wipes or stronk guys to use the wipes??? Whip

Expect all testing is going ok and you are not stressing a lot poor visual OOB departament  Helmet Wink 

Well, nothing more to say, waiting more and hot info these 2 months are going to be long but the goal is superb, end year fighting in bocage with Stormtroopers in TIgErs VS that damn rebels on their Xhermans  Propeller Hat

[Image: veqpzvkt1.jpg]

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 09-26-2015

Boy - the pressure of providing a weekly update...!!

It's all going to sound a little same - same.

Testing continues and we have tweaked a number of scenarios this week based on feedback. Thanks Rick B for your latest versions!

We continue to test the 'new feature' and as usual we find 'unnatural' ways to use it. Smile  This feature is cool and will spawn a lot of content after release as well.

I've been 'supervised' to get further appropriate period graphics so like the last few weeks we will showcase some new artwork. This isn't all that's happening, but is probably the most 'visual' for posts like these. From next week I'll start to show a few of the scenarios that are included in game.

Graphics this week have focused on fine tuning items that were done last week as well as big update for the SS.

Firstly here is the finalised British infantry. We decided we didn't like the previous 'new' image. Like all images below, old is on the left, new on the right;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20242.jpg]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20243.jpg]

Here is the new SS. The first group here are the Tank Battalion commander and the various panzer grenadiers. New on the right;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20244.jpg]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20245.jpg]

New bridging engineers;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20246.jpg]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20247.jpg]

New engineers;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20248.jpg]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20249.jpg]

And here is an example of the repainted engineer. It shows the progression from black and white photo to the unit that was used in Kursk to the change in uniform and repainting for Normandy. You may need to right click and view in a new tab to see this image full size;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20250.jpg]

More meat, next week....

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Compass Rose - 09-26-2015

Very, Very, nice!

Thanks for sharing!

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 09-26-2015

I've been wondering since release why the Pioniere guy was wearing a scarf in summer, but his neck was just still black and white it seems.

The current bridging engineer looks like the man with the iron mask, which could always be recognized in a stack, but the new guy has its own charm.

Good job painting, too. I'm not an artist, but I certainly appreciate good artwork when I see it.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 11:54 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Very, Very, nice!

Thanks for sharing!

I only can add Very, Very, Very nice! Big Grin

Thanks for the info, interesting we are going to see the "war face" in next weeks. 

I like the new portraits.... you never think in mantein the older versions in game in an ALT folder??? or add them as download in Tiller web???

Well, the weekend updates are stressing but dont worry, we have the solution Whip  better now??? nothing like a wipe to remove stress... and skin and more  Big Grin2

PD: its me or the panzergrenadier in the motorized unit is...

Strela: "Panzergrenadier with camo i select you, use dug-in VS BBs guns"
Grenadier: "orly???"
 Big Laugh

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 09:47 PM)ComradeP Wrote: I've been wondering since release why the Pioniere guy was wearing a scarf in summer, but his neck was just still black and white it seems.

Good job painting, too. I'm not an artist, but I certainly appreciate good artwork when I see it.

I don't believe it's a scarf but the Pioniere had had a head wound.

I'm pretty certain its a bandage...

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 09-27-2015

On the back of his head, yes, but his neck is also a different colour, which had me wondering.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 09-27-2015

(09-27-2015, 01:46 AM)ComradeP Wrote: On the back of his head, yes, but his neck is also a different colour, which had me wondering.

It looks to me like a scorch... i had a schoolmate that when was a kid had an accident with boiling water and he has in his arm something that looks very similar.