• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=68266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 09-19-2015

Well, is a question of find a way to add it... maybe the use is not going to be incredible high thanks to the scale but well, if you find a situation like this be ready is allways a good point.

Use + and - maybe is problematic as you say but nothing that Mr ( and Ms ) cant solve Big Grin

[Image: image.jpg]

And you allways can use letters...

I use yellow/gold to represent the situation present in PzB2 with Fireflies... main force is made of the weak tank (regular sherman) and only 1 is Firefly with portrait for the main tank in the section (i think use this when less than 50% of the vehicles)

Red represent a situation with a weakest tank in the section, for example you can have a mix of 3 Fireflies with 1 regular Sherman (in late war something like this was present in USA armored units... i remember read about sections with 3x76mm and a single 75mm because it can use smoke ammo and better HE shell).

If you dont see the symbol is a solo tank type section.

There are many options here, is an arty question and saddly here i am not the best to provide profesional examples (here you can see my copy paste mod to have Jison minefield icons and repaint defensive hexes with a letter) Bubbles

[Image: UO0016.jpg]

Ummm you made me now doubt about the spot system but i find to that certain terrain is not offering enough cover to units movement, at least infantry, like in urban.

I dont think they are now thinking in spotting sytem... or not, is the top secret feature and we dont know what is it Whistle

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - wiggum - 09-20-2015

Hi !

I plan to release a small artwork mod as soon as PzB2 is released.
It will have different unitbox artwork, i plan to use 3 types of unitboxes in uniform color with fabric texture.

- Feldgrau
Wehrmacht/Heer
Luftwaffe
SS

- Medium olive drab
US Army
US Airborne
Free French

- Brownish
British Army
British Airborne
Canadian
Polish
Belgian
Dutch

Do you think thats overall correct ?
I know the SS and the british paratroopers had camo smocks and that the canadians used a slightly differend color for their uniform but i want to keep it simple.
So is this breakdown of uniform colors overall correct ? Or did the Belgians or Dutch use US uniforms ?

Here is a example of the Blankbox artwork:
http://i.imgur.com/716fSeo.png

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 09-20-2015

Since June 1940, Dutch troops used British uniforms and equipment. The Dutch Army switched over to primarily American equipment (combined with European firearms) in the late 1950's and early 1960's.

Amongst other things, this resulted in the Dutch Korea detachment having to learn how to use American equipment during their sea voyage to Korea.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 09-21-2015

(09-19-2015, 04:06 AM)Xaver Wrote: Well, is a question of find a way to add it... maybe the use is not going to be incredible high thanks to the scale but well, if you find a situation like this be ready is allways a good point.

Use + and - maybe is problematic as you say but nothing that Mr ( and Ms ) cant solve Big Grin

And you allways can use letters...

I use yellow/gold to represent the situation present in PzB2 with Fireflies... main force is made of the weak tank (regular sherman) and only 1 is Firefly with portrait for the main tank in the section (i think use this when less than 50% of the vehicles)

Red represent a situation with a weakest tank in the section, for example you can have a mix of 3 Fireflies with 1 regular Sherman (in late war something like this was present in USA armored units... i remember read about sections with 3x76mm and a single 75mm because it can use smoke ammo and better HE shell).

If you dont see the symbol is a solo tank type section.

There are many options here, is an arty question and saddly here i am not the best to provide profesional examples 

There are very few mixed vehicle formations in game. They are predominantly on the Commonwealth side with the single Firefly's being included in a number of platoons.

One approach is to do something similar to Volcano Man's Modern Campaigns mods like this. The idea is to represent the different vehicle types in the unit box with the 'minor' vehicle shown smaller. This is a very rough and ready test;

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20240.jpg]

[Image: PB%20Graphics%20241.jpg]

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Strela - 09-21-2015

The next entry in JC's first ever Panzer Battles Normandy AAR is up!

Looks like the German defenses are starting to solidify (there be long barreled tanks over there...)!

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.in/2015/09/panzer-battles-normandy-aar-part-2.html

David

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 09-21-2015

That rough test already looks pretty good and it would be quite helpful to have the second vehicle type in the background so it can also be seen with FOW on.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 09-21-2015

Yes, is a good solution, i dont remember this from MC with the "heavy" recon units with tanks+AFVs... ummm maybe you can test reduce a little the size of the main vehicle in section to give more "space" for the 2nd one in the background and made unitbox adapted to the presence of 2 vehicles.

Maybe in PzB2 we cant find a lot of them but in future titles, even when scale is smaller than PzC, were mixed sections appear as necesity (i remember when USA practically trade in Europe Shermans with 75mm by 76mm and find them selves with no smoke ammo).

The FOW point is "hard" for me because in combat if you read about Normandy "all" Shermans were knock out by or a Panther or a Tiger, never by a PzIV or Stug... maybe as is game now in future add a stronger FOW of war in vehicles area.... something like over/at 4 hexes you see an "armor" symbol but not what type of vehicle... same with infantry but here only works around 2 hexes and only when enemy is not in open terrain... extreme FOG of war.

Thanks for the effort, cant wait to buy the game... i never think say this about a Normandy title expect you are not working or have in mind Battle of the Bulge or i can buy it Big Grin2 

Oooo thanks for the AAR link, looks like is update when i stop pushing F5 or i am sleeping Helmet Wink

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - wiggum - 09-21-2015

Does someone know which kind of color the Belgian uniform had during Normandy ?
Brownish like the brits ?
Am I correct that the free french used american uniforms mostly during 1944 in Normandy ?

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - DaveMic - 09-21-2015

(09-21-2015, 08:30 PM)wiggum Wrote: Does someone know which kind of color the Belgian uniform had during Normandy ?
Brownish like the brits ?
Am I correct that the free french used american uniforms mostly during 1944 in Normandy ?

Like many Free European Forces... mixed green and brown fibres...and Queen created the british battledress  for Belgian !! ; ) . For Free French you have the choice, British or US everything was good. ;) One division in Normandy is equipped by US, French commandos by British...

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 09-21-2015

The battledress of the Brigade Piron was nearly identical to the British one as far as I can tell.

http://us.army.39.45.soforums.com/t2938-Brigade-Piron-tenue-d-un-sous-officier.htm

The Free French cobbled together their uniform from whatever was at hand, regulations either not being very strict or simply ignored. It was usually a mix of US and British field dress with French uniform components added to it. Seemingly, there were units still using as much of their 1940 uniforms as they could in 1944, pride prevailing over practicality.

http://1940lafrancecontinue.org/FTL/images/uniformes/France/