• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-06-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Pak Paule's 2 x SU-76's take on 3 x Pz IVH's..

PIC 1 - My front panzer kills an SU-76 but is then hit by the other one and goes up in smoke, causing LOS problems for his 2 mates behind him who can't get a clear shot to return fire against the SU, which takes advantage of the confusion to squeeze this one off and kill another panzer..
[Image: PPA.png]

PIC 2 - I hurl my Hetzer into the fray and it wrecks the SU with its first shot (inset)
Score from the engagement - 2 dead panzers for 2 dead SU-76's..
[Image: PPB.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-07-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Pak Paule's SU-76's avenge their fallen comrade..

They concentrate their fire against my Hetzer that killed their mate in the previous post, one ricos off the upper hull, but the other penetrates the thinner lower hull and the Hetzer fireballs..

[Image: PPG.png]

[Image: PPH.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Pak Paule's SU-76 in keyhole engagement..

His SU-76's keep popping up everywhere looking for narrow fire lanes, this one nobbles one of my panzer group..
[Image: PPO.png]

So I hop the other two panzers forward slightly to avenge their mate..
[Image: PPP.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Another of Pak Paule's SU-76's pops up..

Groan, can nothing stop these popups? This is the following turn to the one in the previous screenshot, my 2 panzers edge cautiously forward but the front one gets clobbered by an SU-76 across the river whose shot must have chipped the brickwork of two houses as it flew across..
[Image: PPL.png]

The little beast in action, it fired twice..
[Image: PPM.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Huzaar's Panther gets grenade shower..

It made a bad call by parking right outside the house, because it then took 6 grenade 'hits' which came sailing out of the house and garden, confirming that the closer inf are to a tank, the more likely they are to throw stuff..
[Image: HuzX.png]

Yer gonna have ter get yerself another tank Jack..
[Image: HuzY.png]

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Herrbixx

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
He bought 4 x SU-100's which gave me a lot of trouble trying to get round their sides, and even then I was only able to knock out 2 at the cost of 3 panzers.
Herrbixx completely dominated the top half of the map across the river..
[Image: HbixxA.png]

His SU-100 is poised to drive across the river into Malitz centre in support of his troops but luckily for me the clock ran out and I scraped a minor win..
[Image: HbixxC.png]

Two sets of occupants fought themselves to a standstill and kept this flag house neutral..
[Image: HbixxB.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Andre's Russian infantry capture flag in face of heavy German resistance..
[Image: AndreB.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-08-2008

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Huzaar

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.(Incidentally I'm using a new lighter road mod)
Although his 5 x Panthers wiped out all my 7 x T-34's, he only bought one platoon of infantry and couldn't therefore occupy much ground, proving the old saying -"Tanks capture ground but infantry hold it"
[Image: Huz-endA.png]

The town centre..
[Image: Huz-endC.png]

Huzaars lone Panther doesn't carry the weight to win the flag..
[Image: Huz-endB.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Airborne Bob's panzer goes on turkey shoot..

I spot his Pz IVH sploshing across a ford so I race 2 x T-34/85's to sit on the bridge to have him for breakfast while he's struggling up the bank.
The first T-34 fires and MISSES.
The second T-34 is distracted by a schreck guy on the far bank.
I'm beginning to get a bad feeling about this..
[Image: ABL.gif]

The panzer returns fire and kills the leading T-34 with its first shot.
The second T-34 suppresses the schreck then fires at the panzer but MISSES.
The panzer returns fire (here) and kills it with its first shot.
[Image: ABM.gif]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Airborne Bob's ford panzer continues killing spree..

I race another T-34 over to shoot him in the back while he's still struggling up the riverbank.
Here my T-34 halts at the firing position, (the T-34 wreck next to him was shrecked earlier in the game)
QUIZ - Can anybody spot my dumb goof?
[Image: ABN-1.gif]

That's right, I forgot to give the T-34 a two o' clock armour-arc to ensure the gun would be pointing at the panzer before I hit 'Go', and as a result he arrived at the firing position with his gun pointing straight ahead, and it cost him precious seconds - and his life - to traverse it, and he was dead meat before he could fire,duh..
That bleddy panzer (which by the way has a Crack crew) has now single-handedly wrecked 3 x T-34's, almost half my entire force..
[Image: ABO.gif]