• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Andre - 01-04-2008

:chin: hi POS I want it too signed long time ago :hissy:

Andre

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-04-2008

Andre Wrote:hi POS I want it too signed long time ago

I sent you 001 3 weeks ago mate but never heard back from you..
I've just sent it again, I see you've got two different mail addresses so i'll send it to both..:)

EDIT - Andre just contacted me to tell me one of his e-mail addresses is now dead. Yup, having dead email addresses floating around can definitely mess up the smooth flow of things..

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-05-2008

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Owl

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
The program called it a draw but my slightly higher tank kills ratio scraped me a few extra points.
The battle hinged on control of the central church flag but both sides had units near it at the end and it remained neutral..
[Image: Owl-end.png]

I advanced this heavy metal to within spitting distance of the church but still couldn't wrest control of the flag..
[Image: Owl-endB.png]

One of Owl's squads lies low near the church, it and several more scattered around kept the flag neutral..
[Image: Owl-endC.png]

RESULT JUST IN - Risnervich beats POS 54-46

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
I couldn't stem his high-quality infantry advance, they pushed this huge 'Kursk bulge' in my line..
[Image: Ris-end.png]

At maximum gun depression, my panzer tried to blast this squad out of the house but he stayed put and kept the flag neutral..
[Image: Ris-endB.png]

Wrecked tanks litter the urban landscape sector as both sides fought tooth and nail for possession of the flag..
[Image: Ris-endC.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Maakt Droog - 01-05-2008

Amusing grave marker you have in the wrap-up post on the battle with Owl Big Grin

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Kru's 2x Panthers v 2x T-34/85

PIC 1 - So far so good, my T-34 perfectly ambushes an approaching Panther AND fires first at pointblank range AND scores a turret hit!
Groan...but it all goes pear-shaped as the shot ricos..
The Panther fired back and it was adios T-34..
[Image: KruF.png]

PIC 2 -Meanwhile the T-34's mate just behind ambushes another Panther in the same turn, but groan.... piiiing!
The Panther then shot back and it was goodbye T-34...
[Image: KruG.png]

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Herroberst

Amazingly the computer scored it a Draw (54-46 to me) even though I had more flags and inflicted more armour kills..
[Image: HO-end.png]

With 5 of their 6 tanks destroyed and the 6th immobd, the Russian infantry have no armour support to continue their advance..
[Image: HOJ.png]

The Germans try to figger why they never got a minor win at least..
[Image: HOK.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bertrams Red Army sends clear message 'resistance is futile'

I try to resist his inexorable advance in the only way I know how, with a potent mix of 5 separate armour-slaying shots inside one awesome turn, each of which had (gulp) no effect at all!

SHOT 1 - My panzer gets a clear shot at a Stalins side through somebodys windows, but piiing!..
[Image: Bert-F.png]

SHOT 2 - The Stalin reverses and a T-34 steps up to the plate, my panzer fires again but piiing!..
[Image: BertG.png]

SHOTS 3 and 4 - Meanwhile my shreck guy is enraged at the T-34's for not paying a bridge toll and shooting him up in an earlier screenshot, so after regaining consciousness he lets fly at one of the felons as it trundles across, but the projectile harmlessly impacts the bridge.
Incandescent with rage, he fires again (inset) but sees the shot harmlessly splatter against the tracks without immobing it..
[Image: BertH.png]

SHOT 5 - Now my halfsquad on the top floor of a burning building fires a faust at the same tank but it thuds harmlessly into the road (inset). Can nothing stop the Red Army juggernaut??
[Image: BertI.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-06-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Andre's T-34 slams town door in my infantry's faces..

It's turn 2 and my panzers jam on their brakes after a high-speed dash into town; the infantry jump off and begin sprinting for the church..
Inset -but as they emerge into the main street a T-34 (background) greets them with a high-explosive welcome..
[Image: AndA.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Mad Baron - 01-06-2008

PoorOldSpike Wrote:Okay Mad Baron mate you're in..:)
I've just sent you two 001's, choose your side and delete the other one, then buy your stuff and send 002.
I've also attached the empty Malitz map if you want to examine it in the editor.
Let me know if the whole caboodle arrived so we know our mails are working..

PS - Anybody else want in?
If you think you can finish before the end of January give it a shot, you've nothing to lose and everything to gain - a gleaming silver cup standing on your desk glinting in the rays of the February sun..

Thanks, POS!! I got the two 001's and the blank map....was gone much of yesterday, but have sent my 002 back to you! Good luck (although it may be me who needs it--haha)!!