• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-02-2008

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Stndrtnfhr's Hetzer in breathtaking circus act

There were gasps from the stunned audience as his Hetzer moved to the end of a ruined bridge to try unsuccessfully to get LOS on my T-34's in the town centre (background) and perched there as if waiting for the trapeze to swing to him..
[Image: StnHetA.png]

What advice for the Hetzer Mr. Ribble?

"Give 'em the triple kid"
[Image: trapeze.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Stndrtnfhr - 01-03-2008

LOL, He was part of my deception plan POS, the other Hetzer raced around to my left to take on your T-34s that were shelling my poor Krauts in the church.

Stndrtnfhr Out!

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-03-2008

RESULT JUST IN - Stndrtnfhr beats POS 62-38

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
I was slightly ahead most of the game but he kept the pressure on and my Russians around the church finally cracked with 1 turn left and he surged to victory..
[Image: StnA-2.png]

My group of Russian infantry near the church died to a man and the
'trapeze' Hetzer in the background has the last laugh..
[Image: StnB-1.png]

With my infantry butchered, I had no choice but to push these 2 x T-34's forward to contest the church flag but they died within seconds as a faust came out of the woods, followed by Hetzer fire from down the road (background)..
[Image: StnF.png]

One of Stndrtnfhr's Sturm squads infiltrates the Russian rear and cross a ford looking for more flags to seize..
[Image: StnD-1.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE -Bertrams T-34's refuse to pay bridge toll..

My schreck guy had them targetted for about 10 seconds but never pulled the trigger and got wasted, he must have been on crack..
[Image: BBO.png]

MEMO TO ALL COMBATANTS
As I said in the Malitz Bunker post, all results count towards the Blitz ladder only, so don't report your Malitz result on any other club ladders as well..
I know at least one of you has already done that, so please go and delete the results from those other ladders, thanks, sorry to sound grouchy but there it is..

[Image: reaper.jpg]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Mad Baron - 01-04-2008

Well, this is a late entry....but I missed the initial postings due to a few days with no power from the ice storm here! But I'm pretty sure I can finish 20 turns in 3 weeks or so!

Sign me up! cheers

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 01-04-2008

Okay Mad Baron mate you're in..:)
I've just sent you two 001's, choose your side and delete the other one, then buy your stuff and send 002.
I've also attached the empty Malitz map if you want to examine it in the editor.
Let me know if the whole caboodle arrived so we know our mails are working..

PS - Anybody else want in?
If you think you can finish before the end of January give it a shot, you've nothing to lose and everything to gain - a gleaming silver cup standing on your desk glinting in the rays of the February sun..

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Owl's infantry hold on to church in flames..

With one turn to go, his troops refuse to be dislodged from the church despite my T-34's pouring sustained high-explosive fire into it..
[Image: OwlL.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Stndrtnfhr - 01-04-2008

Hey POS, thanks for putting this little competition together, it was great fun and your running commentary was over the top. My Hetzer finally got some retribution for your slaughtering his 6 mates. Well done M8.

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Stndrtnfhr Wrote:Hey POS, thanks for putting this little competition together..

Thanks mate but it's all down to Randy's decisive leadership,not only did he sign me up for the Blitz team, but he's given the go-ahead for my competitions like Malitz.
There are parallels of firm decisiveness in history too -
On the eve of D-Day Eisenhower got conflicting advice from the army generals, including Bradley and Montgomery who wanted to go ahead, but the air force and navy generals preferred to wait. After a few moments of deliberation, Eisenhower said three words that changed history: “Okay, let’s go.”