• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-28-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Wombats Stalins go downtown

The rear one sorted himself out after falling off the bridge and now joins his mate (plus a T-34/85 in background), and they arrive in the centre of Malitz unscathed. So far..
[Image: WomL.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Owl's Stug drives on Malitz..

[Image: OwlA-1.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Panzer Dan seizes airfield in grip of steel..

He's advanced a Kingtiger and infantry into the airfield buildings complex backed up by a JpIV, so in a desperate attempt to break his grip, I hurl a single T-34/85 at high speed around the edge of the map to hit his Jp from behind..
[Image: danA.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Wombats Stalins pour high-explosive shells into the ville..

PIC 1 - They're the two Stals that went downtown unopposed a few posts ago, so I hop a couple of PzIV's forward to hit them in their weak side armour..
[Image: WomQ.png]

PIC 2 - One Stalin (the one that fell off the bridge) takes a hit, slams into reverse, then is finished off by another hit, but his mate is fighting for his life and presents his front armour as he returns fire, taking out a panzer..
[Image: WomR.png]

PIC 3 - The other panzer stands its ground and gets lucky by killing the Stalin with a shot through its weak turret..
[Image: WomS.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Willows armour forces river crossing in strength..

His 3 x SU-100's advance across the bridge so I hurl 2 Pz IVH's to take them in the side, but it's too late, the SU's pivot quickly on the road surface and my panzers find themselves staring down 3 x 100 mm barrels and heavy front armour. The pings begin...
[Image: WilO.png]

It's quickly over, both my panzers are demolished for the loss of a single SU-100..
[Image: WilP.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - von Nev - 12-29-2007

This is a GREAT thread. Very well done and one of the best contributions to the Blitz forums, IMHO.

Marty

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-29-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Stndrtnfhr's squad takes out a T-34..

PIC 1 - My 2 x 34/85's are minding their own business shelling suspected enemy positions in the trees..
[Image: StnP.gif]

PIC 2 - When suddenly this German squad appears out of nowhere and calmly kneels in the road to let fly with a panzerfaust..
[Image: StnQ.gif]

PIC 3 - Action closeup..
[Image: StnR.gif]

PIC 4 - Where the Iron Crosses grow..
My tank commander sees him but it's too late to fire, here the first faust is on its way to knock out the tank followed by a grenade bundle, and then a few seconds later he fired another faust for good measure..
[Image: StnS.gif]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-29-2007

RESULT JUST IN - Willow beats POS 68-32

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
His tough SU-100's were just too good for me, my panzers tried their utmost to get side shots but failed miserably. He made his main effort on the far side of the map across the river and I tried to pen him up over there by guarding the bridge with panzers and a Hetzer, but his SU-100's just bludgeoned their way across..
[Image: WilXA.png]

As my German bridge defenders burn behind him, this SU-100 prowls into town like a hungry wolf..
[Image: WilY.png]

"No prisoners!" is the Russian catchword as they enter the church..
[Image: WilZ.png]

Another wolf prowls the heart of Malitz..
[Image: WilZZ.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Stndrtnfhr - 12-29-2007

POS,
This stuff is very entertaining, you are the screen shot master. Now stop whacking my Hetzer's!

Stndrtnfhr Out!

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Antoni Chmielowski - 12-29-2007

Stndrtnfhr Wrote:POS,
This stuff is very entertaining, you are the screen shot master. Now stop whacking my Hetzer's!

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Dont worry Don,

Mick enjoys a good whack !Big Grin