• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-25-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Skilgannons Panther tries to cross bridge....

Don't turn yer back on me mister..
[Image: SkilgA.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Skilgannon's Germans occupy West Hangar

And immediately begin engaging my Russian troops in East Hangar, and there are at least 2 Stugs coming up in support..
[Image: SkilH.png]

RESULT JUST IN - Dogface bt POS 60-40

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.

My T-34's hammered away at the Panthers frontally but there were too many pings off the thick hull before I could get turret penetrations, resulting in an appalling exchange rate from which I could never recover.
I tried to get my few survivors round the Panths sides like I should have done from the start but failed miserably and I ended up killing only one Panth with tank fire, and another with a grenade..
[Image: DogA-1.png]

My Russians held on to the church under pressure, beating off an infantry assault, then grenading this Panther to scrap..
[Image: DogB.png]

These two Panthers wiped out all my 4 x 34/85's huddling in the shelter of a house. I was watching for an opportunity to spring out fast to pincer the Panths but the terrain was too heavy and I had to take them on frontally, killing the Panth at rear, but his mate came trundling on..
[Image: DogC.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Ratzki unleashes a monster..

My cowering Russian troops think a thunderstorm has broken as a mighty roar shakes the buildings and rattles the windows..
[Image: RatzA.png]

The monster mashes a squad..
[Image: RatzB.png]

The beast in action, a 150mm Grille..
(An online translator suggests the word means "cricket", perhaps our German members can tell us if its not cricket)
[Image: RatzC.png]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thH3qnHTbI&feature=related

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-26-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Herrobersts sixth sense saves his T-34..

PIC 1 - His 34/85 is sitting in the middle of the road, so I plot a short movement hop (2 forward, 2 reverse) for my 4 x live panzers to take them into clear view of the T-34, slap an armour-arc on them pointing straight up the road, unbutton those that can unbutton, and hit GO..
[Image: HobD.png]

PIC 2 - Ha ha, Herroberst must have anticipated my move because his T-34 reverses out of trouble at the same time, leaving my panzers staring at an empty road, although one did squeeze off a miss (red line) just before the T-34 disappeared.
PS -Although there wasn't much shooting in the pics, they serve as an interesting example of how you have to try to anticipate your oppos moves a turn in advance to stay out of trouble, a bit like chess..
[Image: HobE.png]

MEMO - I've just added a SCREENSHOT POSTS list to the Command Bunker post#10 on page 1 so combatants can keep track of their appearances on the silver screen..

[Image: war-camera.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Wombats Stalin driver must be on crack..

He completely missed the bridge he was trying to cross, he's about as much use as a dead dingo's donger..
[Image: WomK.jpg]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Antoni Chmielowski - 12-26-2007

The driver has had to much of the Christmas Spirit ! cheers

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Combat Wombat - 12-26-2007

watching that fantastic piece of work , I decided to imbide in the Christmas Spirit ..then beer, wine and some Champagne ... bugger it , another beer ! !

gave the Dead Dingo's donger a miss ...

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Der Kuenstler - 12-27-2007

The driver certification program in Russia is just too slack, I say....