• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Old Bolt stuff - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tiller Operational Campaigns (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: TOC Mod Scenario List (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=107)
+----- Forum: Danube Front '85 Mods (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=174)
+----- Thread: Old Bolt stuff (/showthread.php?tid=52839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.6 - P.Ako - 02-27-2010

(02-27-2010, 01:28 AM)Monter Wrote: What (in-game) is your suggested use of Engineer (equip) units? They can't do much of engineering tasks...

Assault i think...

BTW i always have asked myself why the kampfschwimmer group in Kiel have a helicopter in the background.. when they don't move by helicopter!!

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.6 - JDR Dragoon - 02-27-2010

(02-27-2010, 01:28 AM)Monter Wrote: What (in-game) is your suggested use of Engineer (equip) units? They can't do much of engineering tasks...

They can:

-Lay minefields
-Blow bridges
-Make entrenching much more easy.

Well worth it imho.

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.6 - Monter - 02-27-2010

And another one.

Polish Combat Helicopters Regiments (Pułk Smiglowcow Bojowych, PSB) were (and still are) divided into squadrons (Eskadry). Those, armed with AT weapons were grouped in Assault Helicopter Squadrons (Eskadry Smiglowcow Szturmowych, ESSz).

So, 56.PSB (and 49.PSB) would consist of: 1.ESSz, 2.ESSz and 3.ESSz.
3rd squadron (not 1st as it is now) with Mi-24.

(02-27-2010, 02:32 AM)JDR Dragoon Wrote: They can:

-Lay minefields
-Blow bridges
-Make entrenching much more easy.
Joke is that "equip" engineers are neither mine capable nor have bridging ability.

(02-27-2010, 02:50 AM)Monter Wrote: Joke is that "equip" engineers are neither mine capable nor have bridging ability.

They are still useful though :cool2:

Same as above with 37.PST (Pulk Smiglowcow Transportowych = Transport Helicopters Regt), wchich should consist of: 1.ES and 2.ES (Helo Sqns)

So how you use "equip" engineers, knowing that they can't build a bridge, cant sweep a minefield, and you are an attacker so entrenchments aren't so important? :)

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.6 - Aaron - 02-27-2010

(02-27-2010, 01:47 AM)P.Ako Wrote:

Assault i think...

BTW i always have asked myself why the kampfschwimmer group in Kiel have a helicopter in the background.. when they don't move by helicopter!!

The icon i made with a pair of Reeboks in the background didnt look as good for the SF type units.:smoke:

They can do any engineering tasks, blow things up,dig holes, lay mines. A soviet division level eng Bn only had 2 MTKs (mine clear) and 3 GMZs (minelay) split into 2 platoons with 65 men all together in this rota.

Aaron

Quote:Joke is that "equip" engineers are neither mine capable nor have bridging ability.

All they had were pit diggers, trench diggers and so on. Theres 2 ways of doing this have 1 giant Bn for the whole division that does everything but the downfall here is you only have 1 eng unit for the division and can only perform 1 task. While not perfect you can at least perform 3 separate tasks this way,clear mines,build a bridge or ferry troops and dig some holes or clear some rubble. I doubt your going to be on the attack everywhere on the map the whole scenario,your going to need some holes somewhere and maybe some minefields and blown bridges to go with it. This is definitely not a scenario where the Pact is the only attacking side just the one who attacks first. You should just be happy i didnt build them like they were suppose to be Big Grin

Engineer Battalion (Soviet Tank and Motorized Rifle Divisions), mid-80's

395 men

HQ Section: 15 men, 2 UAZ-69/-469, 1 truck ZIL, 1 truck GAZ (signals)

Engineer Co:65 men (1 mine clearing, 1 mine laying plt), 1 BTR-50/-60, 3 ZIL-130/-157, 2 Ural-375, 2 UAZ-69 (with DIM mine detectors), 2 IMR (armoured engr vehicle), 2 MTK/MTK-2 (mine clearing), 3 GMZ (mine laying)

Amphibious Engr Co: 55 men (1 amphibious, 1 heavy amphibious and 1 recon and divers plt), 12 K-61/PTS (amphibious vehicle/tracked), 8 PMM-2 or 6 GSP (ferries), 10 NDL-10 assault boats, 1 BRDM-2, 2 ZIL (trucks), 1 K-61 (truck with crane)

Ponton Co: 65 men (2 ponton plt, 1 boat plt, 1 supply plt), 1 UAZ-69/-469, 16 PMP pontons and 2 ramps on KrAZ-214, 6 BMK-90/-160 (boats)

Road & Bridge Construction Co: 65 men (2 plt, 1 supply plt), 1 UAZ-69/-469, 2 ZIL-130/-157, 1 truck with crane, 1 truck with saw, 2 trucks (dump), 8 TMM assault bridges, 2 BAT/BAT-M bulldozers, 2 D-144 (bulldozing machines), 1 concrete mixer

Technical Co: 65 men (1 construction plt, 1 heavy machines plt, 1 special tasks plt), 1 UAZ-69/-469, 3 ZIL-130/-157, 10 Ural-375, 2 trucks with cranes, 1 truck (dump), 1 truck (water filtration), 1 excavator, 4 BTM/MDK-2 (trench-digging machines), 6 BAT/BAT-M bulldozers, 1 set of ram equipment on 3 trucks, 2 tractors, several other devices

Engineer Recon Plt: some 20 men, 3 BTR-60/-70, 2 UAZ-69/-469, 1 ZIL (truck), 1 DIM mine detector

Signal Plt: some 15 men, 1 Ural-truck, 1 ZIL-truck, 1 GAZ-truck

Maintenance Plt: some 20 men, 5 trucks

Supply Plt: some 20 men, 13 trucks, 3 tank wagon, 1 ambulance
(02-27-2010, 02:50 AM)Monter Wrote: And another one.

Polish Combat Helicopters Regiments (Pułk Smiglowcow Bojowych, PSB) were (and still are) divided into squadrons (Eskadry). Those, armed with AT weapons were grouped in Assault Helicopter Squadrons (Eskadry Smiglowcow Szturmowych, ESSz).

So, 56.PSB (and 49.PSB) would consist of: 1.ESSz, 2.ESSz and 3.ESSz.
3rd squadron (not 1st as it is now) with Mi-24.

None of the helos are broken down into squadron size for either side

Look at Polish Army troops. You have regiment split into 3 batallions with 16 helos each. These batallions should be squadrons instead. No resizing, just proper name.

And BTW every WP helo unit is squadron size, it just depends what "squadron size" means, as ine every country meaning is different.

RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.6 - Aaron - 02-27-2010

(02-27-2010, 06:12 AM)Monter Wrote: Look at Polish Army troops. You have regiment split into 3 batallions with 16 helos each. These batallions should be squadrons instead. No resizing, just proper name.

And BTW every WP helo unit is squadron size, it just depends what "squadron size" means, as ine every country meaning is different.

Helos are all renamed.

I still have the 49.PSB with 3 to many Hinds but thats ok. They only had 13 Mi-24D while the 56.PSB had 16 Mi-24W

So far theres a couple Polish naming problems and a Soviet 3 piece ART BDE that should have been deleted, 4.7 anyone. Merry Christmas

Aaron

(02-27-2010, 06:49 AM)tazaaron Wrote: I still have the 49.PSB with 3 to many Hinds but thats ok. They only had 13 Mi-24D
From where comes this information? I hope this is not based under current number of Mi-24D's? Today there is 13 of them, but initially we bought 16, and in early 90's another 18 from Germany. I found info that one crashed in 1988. So this would make 15 available Mi-24D's.

Sorry for being pain in the a... lately :)

Heh. Big Grin

A few comments:

-The motorized infantry brigades in the Jutland Battlegroup each had an AT platoon of 4 TOW Landrovers (w. Thermal Sights ;)). Since you insist on consolidating these counters on a brigade/regimental level I believe this this should translate into one 12 vehicle counter.

-The implementation of Artilleriesturktur 85 in the W. German Army means that all tube artillery on Corps level goes to the divisions. This goes for LandJut as well. Thus the 640 and 630 artilleriebatallion should not be in existence anymore (besides, the total number of towed FH-70 howitzers and M110A2 Sp Howitzers possessed by Germany does not allow these units to exist once all Panzer, PzGrenadier and Mountain divisions has gotten their due of these guns). The only Corps level artillery for LandJut should be the 650 RaketenArtillerieBatalion (4 Lance) and the 33. Artilleriafdeling (24 155mm M59 Guns).

-I see the Flakregiment 600. It is a nice touch and eminently correct to include this unit. But why have you only included the regiment as it is in peacetime? (where the cadre of the unit mans the armys AA school in Rendsburg and trains the Gepard, Roland and 20mm FlaK units of the rest of the army). Upon mobilization this unit was slated to grow into the FlugAbwehrBatalion 610 (18 Roland in 3 batteries of 6). FlugAbwehrbatalion 620 (18 Gepard in 3 batteries of 6) and Flugabwehrbatalion 630 (24 Bofors 40mm radar guided towed guns in 4 batteries of 6 each). I understand you do not want to include the towed guns (you have not done so for the other german Korps), but the extra Gepards and Rolands might be in order.

-I notice the german Airforce is present with their Roland launchers. I also note that these launchers are armored and mobile. As far as I know these launchers were mounted on top of MAN trucks (the Luftwaffe ones, not the german army ones) and intended for he mostly stationary defence of airfields (permanent or temporary). Thus they might benefit from being "Fixed" in order to avoid player staking airbase defence assets and uisng them to hoünd enemy helicopters?