• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Tournaments Area (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney (/showthread.php?tid=52170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Herr Straße Laufer - 11-23-2009

Eek Thanks for clearing up the meaning Antoni. :rolleyes:
At first I was thinking you guys could get yourselves your own thread. :smoke:

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Montana Grizz - 11-23-2009

Tiger 88 and I are 6 moves into a most confusing "Prelude in the Swamp".

I know I'll have family here from Weds. til Sunday, so things will slow down during that period; maybe for all of us.

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Scud - 11-23-2009

Montana Grizz Wrote:I know I'll have family here from Weds. til Sunday, so things will slow down during that period; maybe for all of us.

Educating Pat

WIFE: David will you go downstairs and get the extra chair by the computer?

ME: Sure thing, sweetheart, anything to be of help.

WIFE: What took you so long, it's been a good 45 minutes? Did you bring up the chair?

ME: Chair? Ohhh, I thought you said flare. I'll go back down and get the chair now.

<Repeat>

You can get a good three, maybe four turns in like this before they finally figure out what's going on. Of course...there is a downside.

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Herr Straße Laufer - 11-23-2009

Montana Grizz Wrote:Tiger 88 and I are 6 moves into a most confusing "Prelude in the Swamp".

Pat,

Confusing? :rolleyes:
Zap and I are at turn 10. Confused and frustrated are more the words I would use to describe what is going on.
If I know Steve he is giving you fits? :smoke:

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Montana Grizz - 11-23-2009

Oh yes Ed,

I came up what seemed liked an interesting and viable approach by the German's only to discover that Steve was defending against my strategy as well as everything else I've tried.

On the other side of the mirror, he is doing much better as the Axis than I am (by 40 points).

I've never played Tiger 88, but that was pretty much on purpose (LOL).

Pat

That use to work well for me a couple of years ago David, when the computer was a desk-top upstairs. Now it's a lap-top on the kitchen table and since I almost live in the kitchen, sneaking away for a move or two is almost impossible.

I love to cook; have a computer and 25" TV and liquor cabinet in the kitchen and the bathroom is only 20' away. What more could I ask for!

Pat

Montana Grizz Wrote:Oh yes Ed,

I came up what seemed liked an interesting and viable approach by the German's only to discover that Steve was defending against my strategy as well as everything else I've tried.

On the other side of the mirror, he is doing much better as the Axis than I am (by 40 points).

I've never played Tiger 88, but that was pretty much on purpose (LOL).

Pat

Pat,

I did a scrambled egg defense, playing as the Amis. We'll see how that works out. I've cracked a few eggs and stirred the mixture while sprinting my reinforcements forward. :chin:

As the Germans I tried to fight like the Spartans. Each turn has left an arrow shaped line of mortar craters on the map, as I move toward the victory hexes. Hopefully my Germans will have a fate dissimilar to the 300. EekWhip

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Montana Grizz - 11-26-2009

"I did a scrambled egg defense, playing as the Amis."

Did you mean Axis or Amish Ed?

I know the Amish tanks were not very dependable and their mechanics kept getting their beards caught when repairing the track mechanisms.

Pat

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Herr Straße Laufer - 11-26-2009

Montana Grizz Wrote:"I did a scrambled egg defense, playing as the Amis."

Did you mean Axis or Amish Ed?

I know the Amish tanks were not very dependable and their mechanics kept getting their beards caught when repairing the track mechanisms.

Pat

LOL!
I guess I played the Americans as if they were Amish. :chin:
I let the Germans come and get hammered by opt fire.
I did not try to cover everything. I tried to set up a shield and absorb the blows, while guiding the Germans into their POW cages.

Our beards are blowing in the wind now. Damn those mortar crews. They never heard of friendly fire. ;)

You can always tell which are the Amish tanks on the battlefield. No radios and they use an eight horse team to pull them around. And, there is always a dog nearby to ensure they move forward in a straight line. And, they smell of fresh manure! :smoke:

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Montana Grizz - 11-26-2009

I'm certainly getting a lesson in artillery drift. I started plotting hexes close to where I wanted to fire and hope for the best.

Pat