• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-23-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Kru's 3 Panthers collide with 3 T-34's in keyhole engagement

It's only turn 2 and both sides have already raced at high speed into the town, my column of 34/85's bludgeon a Panther into submission but a Panth on the flank takes retribution by killing a T-34 to level the score..
[Image: KruA.png]

The Panthers weak spot - its turret.
Hit a Panthers front with a hail of shots from as many tanks as possible and sooner or later one will fly through the turret..
[Image: Kru.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Panzer Dan's schreck and Kingtiger zap T-34

As my 34/85 stalks a Ktig, a schreck opens up from an airfield building, it hit and killed the T-34 a second later, note the flight path of the projectile..
[Image: PzDanA.png]

The Ktig then reverses a little to get LOS and puts the boot in again on the bailing T-34..
[Image: PzDanB.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Mugger takes out panzer with long-range keyhole shot..

Don't you just hate it when one of your babies fireballs and you don't know where the shot came from?
[Image: MugP.gif]

Ach sooo....., two Stalins squeeze their shots down one of the longest narrowest keyholes on the map..
[Image: MugQ.gif]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Der Kuenstler - 12-24-2007

RNL Tiger Wrote:Congratulations to Der Kuenstler - a very good score and a difficult one to beat :)

Thanks Tiger - if fate should allow me to end up winning this competition (and learn to post pics better) I will try to write an AAR about how it was done...

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-24-2007

RESULT JUST IN - Figo beat POS

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
Figo completely caved in my left flank and centre and could have carried on to Moscow with nothing to stop him if he'd had time. My Russians clung to the airfield and could only watch as his steamroller obliterated the rest of the map..
[Image: FigoA-1.png]

Rubble marks where a church had stood for a thousand years....
[Image: FigoB.png]

With all my tanks destroyed, Figo's troops go sightseeing undisturbed..
[Image: FigoC.png]

Figo's panzers continue eastward with Malitz securely in German hands behind them..
[Image: FigoD.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Figo - 12-24-2007

Great game POS...I got in some lucky shots! :)

Cheers!

Figo (FGM) Wrote:Great game POS...I got in some lucky shots! :)
Cheers!

And you did it with just 5 Pz IVH's mate which goes to prove they can do the job just as well as heavier armour in built-up areas because they can nip between buildings better and be thrown around easier than a big cat....:)

[Image: TigerHug.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Proniakin's schreck clobbers a T-34..

Seeing all the tank-to-tank keyhole combat going on, this schreck guy decides to try a keyhole shot of his own against my stationary 34/85's which are blissfully shelling an airfield building out of frame..
[Image: PronX.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-25-2007

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt CMant

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. Yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
We both ended up with a big flag each and the computer called it a draw, but I scraped up a few more points for tank kills.
CMant made his big effort along the bottom edge and it showed as he steamrollered my forces down there..
[Image: CMA.png]

The stalemated battle for the airfield..
[Image: CMB.png]

CMants tank column brushed aside my Pz IV and Hetzer as if they weren't there..
[Image: CMC.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-25-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE -Willow ambushes my panzer spearhead..

My Germans seize the church but one of the panzers halts with its nose poking out a shade too far and an ominous sound is heard from something in the trees across the river - large calibre tank gunfire..
[Image: WilAA-1.gif]

Perfectly positioned to engage my spearhead, Willows tanks deal out swift retribution with a series of shots. The panzer fired back once but missed, he had his chance..
[Image: WilB.jpg]

There's something in the trees..
[Image: In-the-trees.jpg]