• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread (/showthread.php?tid=68266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 08-23-2015

Thank you Strela, this add more fun to the title... even when i am not a fan of Normandy campaign as scenario are some actions i like like the Cherbourg minicampaign and the Falaise fight that allways attract my atention.

I asume that if there is a Cherbourg scen is only to cover the fight in the base of the peninsula because we dont have Kriegsmarine nation no??? or is the Dog Soldier idea the point to expand the battles in the PzB2 map??? i am curious about how many actions are going to be covered in the 1.0

Dog Soldier point is interesting for me, i feel that JT can explore the idea of use titles like PzB2 as base to add in future add-ons with enough content to expand base title value... of course not by the price of a full title... maybe around 10 euros price adding a special action with a big scen and subscenarios (not all actions are big enough for a separate title and well do something ala Salerno43 force you work in 3 diferent actions and finish them to release a full new title) and if title can deal with more than 1 add-on use a "pack system" to sell them with discounts (a way to attract players to have all add-ons), in the end if i like Z action and i need X title he is selling the base title and as bonus an add-on.

The system of add-ons for me helps to the point of release base title in year X but with add-ons to cover actions in other years or later periods in long campaigns expanding without need a new full title specially when fights are not allways same in size.

I am curious about that super secret new feature... maybe after Dog Soldier post i think in a edit feature...

Well, now title is moving fast to the "first day buy" list, only needs a little jump to fall on it hehehe.

PD: Wiggum, thanks for your post, i was holding mine because i dont want disturb their work... i have faith in a post summer release, problem is in what moment after summer hahaha.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - wiggum - 08-23-2015

Man, i cant wait to play this game...just hope it will be out before fall !
First day purchase confirmed !

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Outlaw Josey Wales - 08-24-2015

I love the 2d relief maps and would and hope very much that we will also get that feature added to all the other remaining series, especially PzCs/MCs, ACW and SBs. I think that map type would make all the series much more attractive for purchase and really helps with LOS while looking for positions to occupy. Plus, it just looks cool as hell. The maps are very well done! I worked in Land Surveying for some years and that was like drawing maps. Sadly, Manual Drafting is a thing of the past now.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Dog Soldier - 08-24-2015

(08-23-2015, 08:20 PM)Xaver Wrote: Dog Soldier point is interesting for me, i feel that JT can explore the idea of use titles like PzB2 as base to add in future add-ons with enough content to expand base title value... of course not by the price of a full title... maybe around 10 euros price adding a special action with a big scen and subscenarios (not all actions are big enough for a separate title and well do something ala Salerno43 force you work in 3 diferent actions and finish them to release a full new title) and if title can deal with more than 1 add-on use a "pack system" to sell them with discounts (a way to attract players to have all add-ons), in the end if i like Z action and i need X title he is selling the base title and as bonus an add-on.

Xaver,
You misunderstand me. The map for PzB2 is huge. We could delay the release of this game for another year to cover all the actions that occurred in Normandy 1944. That is why i am saying modders will need to develop their own scenarios for those actions we simply have to leave out.
Think like the PzC Smolensk Xpak scenarios.

Dog Soldier

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 08-24-2015

Sorry, as usual i mix desires with real world Whistle

But i think is an interesting way to expand titles value... i doubt a single title covering Cherbourg assault that i think is not going to be covered in PzB2 but as add-on... this or do something like Salerno43, a title with pieces of things you cant cover in a full title or by lack of time.

Even when i have my doubts about a Normandy title (i prefer a desert title more) i change my initial reserves for excitation... drop me over Normandy i am ready!!! Drink Smoke

PD: if you start doing scens is something with no end there is allways something more to cover Helmet Wink

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - -72- - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 02:32 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I love the 2d relief maps and would and hope very much that we will also get that feature added to all the other remaining series, especially PzCs/MCs, ACW and SBs. I think that map type would make all the series much more attractive for purchase and really helps with LOS while looking for positions to occupy. Plus, it just looks cool as hell. The maps are very well done! I worked in Land Surveying for some years and that was like drawing maps. Sadly, Manual Drafting is a thing of the past now.

I know this is a little out of place here, and I apologise to Mr Freer for sort of veering a bit from his topic momentarily.

These already have begun showing up in some of the HPS published versions of NB, and more recently, Campaign Antietam.

Of course the real goal is to ditch the 8 but graphics, and there are still a fair bit in even these updates.

These are being worked on, although at the moment, like a lot of things with JTS, they are tied to project development too, so it is not like a graphics coordinator is in a position to whip out a 'mod' if there are other things that need working first. It is sort of a sequential approach.

I did 'mess' around with mods for the NB series when the first Peninsular War title came out, and then extended things once JTS began updating their other NB titles. Fwiw, the MP graphics should probably use the same system eventually (with hexside graphics for elevations). I suppose if/when an update for REN includes this (and I have no idea when it would be out - not any time soon, but it would almost certainly be tied to the development of the next title in that series ... just like the other series developmental cycle at JTS), then things might get a little interesting.

That's the thing about published titles, those are fair game for 'mod' screenshots. It is a little different to scenario design with projects in development... you can't really whip out a map complete with where you have what deployed ... etc ... but screenshots of 'mods' can in fact be one big arsed teaser.

Just a 'for what it's worth' ;)

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - ComradeP - 08-24-2015

Thanks Strela.

As I hoped, the map dimensions cover more ground than I thought based on my rough comparison.

The map for this area is more detailed on Google Maps and has far more (still existing) reference points than the Kursk map, it will be interesting to see what the dimensions are on a "flat" map like the one in Google Maps.

I'd be happy to create some scenarios, but the level of detail required might be tricky to do without having access to maps in the US.

On the other hand, the OOB has been fully researched, so if a somewhat rough placement of forces (mostly which regiment starts where) is acceptable, it can certainly be done.

I've also considered making a scenario or two for PB Kursk South, but finding information below divisional level for that is also difficult. I don't have any books with detailed unit/divisional accounts for the battle, but I think I might be able to find some information on various forums.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - Xaver - 08-24-2015

Well, i want to do scens but lack of time... if i can center in create a scen is going to be one for PBEM with no historical background... something like main force of 16ª LFW division with some support from OST troops and other units VS a british infantry division... one objetive that UK troops need take to win because only can win scen taking the objetive... or something similar... maybe you can do a scen design event Helmet Wink

Maybe the good point is you have many units to select here unlike in Kursk that is a little more limited in exotic units.

Ummm how many time you are going to mantein under secret the title??? i am curious about the second part... Normandy44: ???? a generic title (like "Breaking the lock", "fighting in the bocage" or "Next step Paris") or a more specific title like "Falaise pocket" or similar???

PD: a little question, the units quality is going to be like in N44 or with a more detailed OOB are going to appear more diferences between companies??? thanks.

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - DaveMic - 08-26-2015

I had a dream, a very huge map to navigate the route of Leclerc's boys...;)
Normandy to Berchtesgaden (Hitler's bed) !!

[Image: itineraire_2e_db.jpg]

Today we celebrate the liberation of Paris. :)

RE: Panzer Battles 2 - The Official Teaser Thread - DaveMic - 08-26-2015

(08-24-2015, 09:12 PM)Xaver Wrote: Ummm how many time you are going to mantein under secret the title??? i am curious about the second part... Normandy44: ???? a generic title (like "Breaking the lock", "fighting in the bocage" or "Next step Paris") or a more specific title like "Falaise pocket" or similar???

and why not...Hedgerow hell or Sie kommen ! ;-)