• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Tournaments Area (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Thread: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney (/showthread.php?tid=52170)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Montana Grizz - 11-16-2009

John Given and I have 2 moves left to complete the second round.

I emailed Tiger88 (my opponent for round 3) and told him we can begin immediately.

Pat

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - zap - 11-16-2009

Ed if you can send me the scenario file. I could get started. I tried to download the scenario but it won't let me.

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Herr Straße Laufer - 11-17-2009

I've sharpened my pencil and have been mulling over the start of my AAR. It begins; "It was a cold ... dark night ..." :rolleyes:

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Montana Grizz - 11-17-2009

Welcome to the tournament ED,

I am certainly glad that you are in my division and I'm not scheduled to play against you. My personal competition is difficult enough :hissy:

I'm really looking forward to some AAR's of "Prelude in the Swamp". I'm really scratching my head in regard to how to play the Axis in this one :chin:

I am enjoying the tournament.

Pat

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Scud - 11-18-2009

MrRoadrunner Wrote:I've sharpened my pencil and have been mulling over the start of my AAR. It begins; "It was a cold ... dark night ..."

Hey, careful of the plagarism. I'm opening with the same thing, except for the cold and dark part and the night and a couple of other words, but I have dibs on everything else. Except for the elipses, you can have those.

Welcome to the tourny.

Dave

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Herr Straße Laufer - 11-18-2009

Eek Sorry Dave. :rolleyes:

*erase - erase ... squeak ... eak ... eak - erase*

O.K., I'll start over. :chin:

"Night moves.
Crawl.
Step forward. Move back.
Peering into the black night.
24 minutes and contact was made ... finally.
I was getting tired of bombarding ... myself.
Damn those mortars!" :PWhip

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Herr Straße Laufer - 11-18-2009

Montana Grizz Wrote:Welcome to the tournament ED,

I am certainly glad that you are in my division and I'm not scheduled to play against you. My personal competition is difficult enough :hissy:

I'm really looking forward to some AAR's of "Prelude in the Swamp". I'm really scratching my head in regard to how to play the Axis in this one :chin:

I am enjoying the tournament.

Pat

Thanks Pat. :)

Fiery I'm actually scratching my head over how to play from either side.
I think my success will be in avoiding deadly opt fire? :chin: And, my artillery drift. Thank goodness I cannot opt fire on myself. :rolleyes:Whip

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Montana Grizz - 11-18-2009

Right on Ed, :P

Think I'm going to move every unit each turn, just to keep my opponent guessing in regard to their plots.

With one square visibility, I suppose my spotters might as well retire from the game :( I'd hate to lose an Allied jeep spotting platoon to some wild shot from the German's off-map artillery.

What to do in this scenario is obvious for the Axis. Attack or get a major defeat! How to do it is the confusing part :hissy:

Pat

Pat,

Winning a night scenario, for me, is always confusing. :rolleyes:
One hex visibility is O.K. as I usually just close my eyes and move forward anyway. :smoke:

cheers

RR

RE: Smedley's Deadly Dozen H2H Approved Mirror Tourney - Antoni Chmielowski - 11-22-2009

Me & Otlig are getting it on now ! (battle wise I might add !).