• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-22-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Bert Blitzkriegs panzer battering ram kicks in the town door..

I order my 3 x T-34/85's to stand their ground in the face of his onslaught and they die to a man, taking 3 panzers with them. His remaining armour now has a free hand to sweep into the defenceless town unless I can hurry more T-34's over to feed into the meatgrinder..
[Image: BBpush.png]

The citizens of this once-sleepy town will tell their grandchildren in hushed tones of the day the fire came by..
(PS - I see BB bought some PzIVJ's, they're cheaper than IVH's but have slower turrets)
[Image: BBB-1.png]

RESULT JUST IN - Der Kuenstler beats POS 79-21

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
A typical move/countermove battle, I was throwing punches as usual but just couldn't seem to connect.
DK's punches however did connect and I went down for the count!
[Image: DKP.png]

Hauptmann Grow ruefully surveys the town he was driven out of..
[Image: DKM.png]

My Germans in the ruins of an airfield hangar see T-34's bearing down on them..
[Image: DKGers.jpg]

I lost my Hetzer early on after sending it to sit in the open where no Russian infantry could sneak up on it through trees, but it was taken out by this lurking baby AA gun as soon as it presented its side armour..
[Image: DKhet.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - KG Airborne Bob's schreck takes out my T-34

Tales from the riverbank.. my trio of 34/85's poke their noses around the corner and one gets socked..
[Image: ABA.png]

[Image: Chinatown.jpg]

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt Odies

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
Odies bought 4 x tough PzIV/70 tank destroyers but they didn't like the confined terrain
[Image: ODA1.png]

I left this T-34 and a halfsquad to garrison the big flag but Odies shreck guy killed the tank then his infantry and car just waltzed in to overun the halfsquad and take the flag..
[Image: OdB.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Proniakin's schreck guy takes on 2 x T-34's..

And misses at 49 metres range! (note the projectile hitting the ground between the tanks)
[Image: PronAA.jpg]

The tanks immediately fire back and he legs it out the back door without sticking around to try another shot..
[Image: PronBB.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Owl's Hetzers cop it in the side. .

It's the only way to deal with tough little assault guns.
Sorry, but they were trying to kill me..
[Image: OwlA.jpg]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - RNL Tiger - 12-22-2007

PoorOldSpike Wrote:RESULT JUST IN - Der Kuenstler beats POS 79-21

POS - I am very disappointed in you. :hissy: You will have to do better - you were supposed to beat everyone else except me! :) Oh well, I guess I shall have to try to win the next competition :cool:

Congratulations to Der Kuenstler - a very good score and a difficult one to beat :)

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-23-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Stndrtnfhr's 3 Hetzers v 3 T-34's

Two of my 34/85's kill the leading Hetzer and are now brutally clubbing the one behind it, so I leave them to it and detach a single tank to get behind the Hetzers at high speed.
Inset-he arrives despite whooshing sounds coming at him en route, and finishes off the last Hetzer..
[Image: StnA.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Herroberst cuts up my panzer group

Groan....I decided to move them off the exposed road and tuck them safely behind a building, but his T-34 at top squeezed off a shot around the edge of a dust cloud on the airfield, then another T-34 at top right squeezed one off when the survivors reached their 'safe' position.
Two dead panzers for no Russian losses, my guys never even had a chance to fire back....

[Image: HobAA.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Stndrtnfhr's Hetzer gives payback..

After killing 2 Hetzers in an earlier screenshot, I reverse two of the victorious 34/85's to re-group, but make the fatal error of halting this one smack in the LOS of a lurking Hetzer down the road and it gets knocked out, I've no excuse, just plain sloppy play (sniffle)
[Image: StnG.gif]