• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Panzer Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=280)
+--- Thread: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners (/showthread.php?tid=69033)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - panzerde - 02-13-2016

I'm stalled here - my 2nd opponent is AWOL. Pinetree is in the same boat. How should we proceed?

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - FroBodine - 02-13-2016

Dog Soldier hasn't been on the forum since the tourney began.

I hope everything's ok.

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - KG_RangerBooBoo - 02-15-2016

Finished up with a draw and a major victory.

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - Strela - 02-16-2016

(02-13-2016, 01:28 PM)panzerde Wrote: I'm stalled here - my 2nd opponent is AWOL. Pinetree is in the same boat. How should we proceed?

Hi Guys,

Dogsoldier is tied up with the real world currently.

The suggestion is that with this round running til the end of Feb that Panzerde & Pinetree play each other in place of the missing opponent.

That will keep things moving.

Otherwise , all good.

David

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - Pinetree - 02-16-2016

We already have . Big Grin I got a major victory as the axis. It's already entered on the ladder but was not entered as tourney scenario.

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - Wecky - 02-19-2016

Missed it?

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - Dog Soldier - 02-19-2016

Wecky,

You are in luck. We had one fellow go AWOL for the first round so you are in! Add the Panzer Battles Ladder to your member profile. You will have to play catch up. I will be starting round 2 tomorrow. You will have a lot of games coming at you quickly.

Get in touch with panzerde and Pinetree. You can play them in the first round scenario. Play the Allied side against Pinetree and the Axis side in your second game with panzerde.

Default optional Rules.

Good luck guys. And have fun!

Dog Soldier

(02-13-2016, 01:49 PM)FroBodine Wrote: Dog Soldier hasn't been on the forum since the tourney began.  

I hope everything's ok.

Well you are wrong, I have been around since the start of the tournament.  Just not in the last two weeks as everyone got off and running.

Everything is fine.  I have a real life too.   Big Grin

And then there will be times later when I am behind the curtain with Strela working on PB3.  Do not mistake busy for AWOL.

Dog Soldier

All---
Round two will start tomorrow.  I will add the match ups to the Competitions page.  Unfortunately I am having some graphics issues with the tables on the Competitions page.  It is coming up a mess in the web browser.  It will get sorted out.

In any case, match ups for round 2 will be posted up tomorrow night.

Here are the result from the first round so far....

Doctor, Hadge, KGRangerBooBoo all have eight points.  Well done fellows!
Paul is all alone with seven points.
Chris Merchant, Compass Rose, flynavy, gabeeg, nim8or, Stejones82, surcouf, and Vatutin all have six points.
casebier and Frobodine both have five points
Al, Cyrano, Grey Nemesis all have four points.

Pinetree, panzerde and now Wecky will have first round results soon enough.

Eighteen games were played so far in round 1.
There were ten draws, three Axis minor wins, and five Axis major wins.
Why can't the Allies win this one?  Anyone got ideas from their game experiences?
What worked and what did not?  Sound off!
I am sure there are some great lessons learned.

Dog Soldier

RE: PzB Normandy tournament for beginners - Stejones82 - 02-19-2016

(02-19-2016, 03:43 PM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Why can't the Allies win this one?  Anyone got ideas from their game experiences?
What worked and what did not?  Sound off!
I am sure there are some great lessons learned.

Dog Soldier

Start as new thread? 

My take is this: 

1.  Great big beefy objective, but only one.  Seemed relatively easy for Allied to take and hold the objective, but this only produced a draw.  After taking the objective, seemed pretty straight-forward attrition for both sides tending towards draw results.  

2.  I played conservative as the Allies as I am very new to PzB and Never played PzC, and SB experience does not help much here.  So I simply played 'not to lose' (see above point 1).

3.  My guess is that the German minor victories came from Axis players who did take/re-take the objective (as Vatutin almost did to me through my own inattention and carelessness!).

4.  I further guess that the Axis major victories resulted from Allied players trying to go for the 'big one' and making risky maneuvers.  My thought is that the short duration probably prevented this from working too well. 

5.  As the Axis, I did try some "fancy maneuvering" but the not being familiar enough with terrain effects and LOS, my paltry efforts laughably fell short.  C'est la guerre! But they did prevent CR from bringing enough force to bear to get the casualties needed for the Allied win.

6.  I would LOVE to read how a German player managed to actively secure a victory!  Hoping those victors will share.

My take - - take it or leave it!   Fun scenario and fun system

Steve