• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION (/showthread.php?tid=43407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-20-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - DasTiger's Tiger in close combat with T-34's

A Tiger is threatening the airfield sector so I race a pair of T-34/85s at high speed straight past him literally in front of his nose with their turrets pointing backwards to hit him in the side before he can swing his turret..
[Image: DTH.png]

It almost works, the Tig and one of the Russkis fire simultaneously, the Tig survives with only an immob hit, whereas my T-34 bites the dust.. However the Russians mate fires a second later and finishes off the Tiger, well that's what mates are for..
[Image: DTI.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-20-2007

RESULT JUST IN - Jobu beats POS

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
Small circle is Jobu's jeep which slipped through enemy lines.
Both sides fought themselves to a standstill in a fearsome attrition battle with only one tank each left standing, but it was Jobu's red army that carried the day by overunning the centre of Malitz and the airfield in strength..

[Image: JobL.png]

Jobu's infantry proudly proclaim "Malitz is ours, next stop Berlin!"..
[Image: Job-church.jpg]

Jobu's men secure the airfield buildings complex..
[Image: Job-airfield.jpg]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - Jobu88 - 12-20-2007

I probably sent too much of my infantry to the church in the center, I had no ability to threaten either of POS's minor flags and ended up not having enough men to control one of my own minor flags which was contested at the end.

Great tournament Spike! cheers

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-21-2007

RESULT JUST IN - POS bt DasTiger

This endgame shot shows final front lines (Russian brown, German blue), and the number of AFV's each side bought. The yellow figure denotes number destroyed.
DasTigers 2 x Tigers rolled ominously forward but I had to commit all my 7 x T-34's to stop them in a frenzied close-quarter gutter fight and I was bled white in the process as the Tigers wiped out 4 of them, over half my tank force..
Meanwhile his Waffen-SS Panzergenadiers aboard 4 x halftracks assaulted the town centre..

[Image: DT-end.png]

This shows the aftermath of the highspeed whirling raging tank battle, 2 dead Tigers and 4 dead T-34's, red lines are approximate firing lines, the T-34 at bottom centre was taken out by a schreck..
[Image: DT-wrecks.png]

DasTigers Panzergrenadiers press home their assault on the church but can make no headway, lacking armour support to blast the thick walls, and eventually I pulled over my T-34's to take out the halftracks..
[Image: DT-pgrens.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - CMant's T-34's bully Hetzer

Seems I ordered the Hetzer to bite off more than it could chew by relying on its thick upper hull armour to protect it as I trundled it into the teeth of a T-34/85 platoon, but it quickly died under a flurry of blows bam-bam-bam-bam - (damaged gun, immob, penetration etc), for no damage to the T-34's..
PS - note the shot that got it went through it's thinner lower hull..

[Image: CMAA.png]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Dogface's German infantry tastes the awesome power of a Russian SMG squad..

Amazingly this heavily-outnumbered single SMG squad in the corner of the church mowed them down like flies at pointblank range as they tried to move through the cemetery, each lethal burst of SMG fire toppling several German squads each time, killing three and driving the others back into cover chased by grenades.
PS -Dogface is going to win the game soon anyway so I trust he won't mind me posting this shot as a comfort blanket (sniffle)
[Image: DogD.gif]

[Image: memorial.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - dogface 65 - 12-21-2007

That was an amazing scene. I wasn't expecting anything like that, I thought the church was already cleared out and BANG! about 20 troops drop down dead.:hissy:

COMBAT FOOTAGE -CMant's tanks will have to swim..

His T-34's are the ones that bullied my Hetzer earlier on, so I order 3 panzers to blow the bridge, hopefully stranding them over there or at least causing them considerable delay in finding a ford or another bridge, ha ha ha..:)
(Technical note - it took 2 turns of solid area-firing into the bridge before it blew, requiring a total of around 22 75mm HE shells)

[Image: CM-bridge.png]

[Image: Kwai.jpg]

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Wombat's Stalin outguns my Hetzer..

I badly underestimated the speed of the Stalins turret traverse, and when my Hetzer came round the building it found itself staring down a 122mm barrel..
[Image: WomF.png]

RE: THE MALITZ TROPHY COMPETITION - PoorOldSpike - 12-22-2007

COMBAT FOOTAGE - Risnervich's T-34 beats 1 against 2 odds

My small airfield garrison at top left is under threat from a Russian infantry advance (brown arrow), so I send a pair of panzers from bottom right up the road to bolster the defence, but decide to stop halfway and take out that lurking 34/85. I mean 2 to 1 odds, I can't fail, right?
[Image: RisA.png]

Oops bad call, I lose both panzers.. They penetrated the T-34 a couple of times but all they did was immob it..
[Image: RisB.png]